turtle dump

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Thu Jul 16 16:42:48 EDT 2009

Michiel Overtoom wrote:

> I got success with the following code (python 2.6.2):
>
> import turtle
> turtle.reset()
> for i in range(4):
>    turtle.forward(50)
>    turtle.right(90)
> can=turtle.getscreen().getcanvas()
> can.postscript(file="tmp.ps")

Is raw postscript (.ps) the only thing tk can write from canvas?
I would like to be able to import into OpenOffice document (drawing
object) and it can import encapsulated postscript (.eps) and about 20
other things but not, apparently, .ps.

Help on method postscript:
postscript(self, *args, **kw) method of turtle.ScrolledCanvas instance

is spectacularly useless. I did not see anything similar in the list of
about 100 attributes. The image_type of the canvas is 'photo bitmap' but
I see no method to write that.