ann: servicestation - run your linux/mac services on windows without needing pywin...

Oisin Mulvihill oisin.mulvihill at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 04:14:45 EDT 2009

Hi There,

I gave a lightning talk about my ServiceStation project at Europython
2009. While it
isn't written in Python (C++/Windows), I did write it with python in
mind. Its
released under the CDDL license.

I'm hoping it will be of use to other Python users who will need to
run their services
on windows, but don't want to learn much/anything about windows
service programming.

The ServiceStation blurb is:

   ServiceStation allows you to run arbitrary programs as a
   service on the Windows platform. The program you wish to
   run does not need to be changed to allow it to work with
   ServiceStation or windows services.

   This project was developed with an eye to running Python web
   services on Windows, without the need to use and include Pywin32.
   This meant we could take services running on Linux/Mac and
   run them unmodified on Windows."

If your interested in this check out the projects trac page for docs
and download

   http://www.foldingsoftware.com/servicestation

All the best,

Oisin