If Scheme is so good why MIT drops it?

Marek Kubica marek at xivilization.net
Sun Jul 19 20:51:49 EDT 2009

On Sun, 19 Jul 2009 15:09:28 -0400
Roy Smith <roy at panix.com> wrote:

> In article <1cethsrrw8h6k$.9ty7j7u7zovn.dlg at 40tude.net>,
>  Frank Buss <fb at frank-buss.de> wrote:
>
> > there is one free unique implementation on the 3 major platforms
> > Linux, Windows and MacOS X
>
> Most people would still consider Solaris to be a "major platform".

Depends on who you ask. On the desktop it doesn't matter at all
(fortunately, since everytime I work on Solaris I'm entering a world of
pain which is just slowly getting better with OpenSolaris), on the
server it (and other propietary Unices) is losing ground compared to
the free Unices.

But ok, let's say 3 major platforms: Unix, Windows and Mac OS X. Mac OS
X is formally a Unix but everything with GUI is non-Unix'y so it can be
considered a separate platform.

regards,
Marek