If Scheme is so good why MIT drops it?

Paul Rubin http
Mon Jul 20 12:50:56 EDT 2009

vippstar <vippstar at gmail.com> writes:
> > I wonder whether 2/3 => ValueError is preferable.
>
> Not all software wants this. It shouldn't be part of the language but
> rather part of your code if you need such a feature. (for instance, to
> distinguish between 2/3 and divisions with 0 dividend).

I don't see how to implement such a thing in my code, if I believe
that the ring of integers doesn't have any concept of division and so
attempts to divide integers should be treated as errors.  Yes of
course the present / operator is useful, but I could do just as well
with the divmod function which I think is more explicit.