ignore special characters in python regex

Astan Chee astan.chee at al.com.au
Tue Jul 21 02:59:16 EDT 2009

I think the re.escape did the trick.
to answer your questions:
By "ignore" i meant instead of using non-alphanumeric characters that
have special significance in regular expression (e.g. [|\]) and treat
them as normal strings (i.e preceded by \), but since I don't know all
the characters in regular expression that have special significance, I
don't know which ones to add a '\' infront of.
Thanks anyway