If Scheme is so good why MIT drops it?

Rainer Joswig joswig at lisp.de
Tue Jul 21 03:00:16 EDT 2009

On 21 Jul., 06:57, Frank Buss <f... at frank-buss.de> wrote:
> Scott Burson wrote:
> > Have you looked at ECL?
>
> >http://ecls.sourceforge.net/
>
> > I've used it only a little, so I can't vouch for its stability, but it
> > fits the threading and license requirements (well, some corporate
> > lawyers have trouble with the LGPL, but I think it's usable).
>
> I didn't tried it myself, but looks like it is not very stable:
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/application-buil...@lispniks.com/msg01069.html

I'm not sure if it is fair to post a reference to a single
post by someone without context and without having used ECL.
If there are stability problems, people can report to the
ECL mailing list. The maintainers are very active.

Frank, I have seen you constructive and posting code a year ago.
What happened? Several messages of yours I've seen here are now
going in the direction of been mostly useless. I thought
you could do better.

If you are no longer interested in Lisp with no first hand usage,
why not switch to comp.lang.misc or some other random place?