ANN: Shed Skin 0.2, an experimental (restricted) Python-to-C++ compiler

William Dode wilk at flibuste.net
Tue Jul 21 04:19:29 EDT 2009

On 20-07-2009, srepmub wrote:

>> Nice timings, can you please show me the Python, Java and C code
>> versions? I may do more tests.

Of course, the codes are here :

http://hg.flibuste.net/libre/games/cheval

Like you'll see, i tried to use exactly the same code for each langage.

> also, which shedskin options did you use? did you use -bw, to disable
> bounds and wrap-around checking? this can make quite a difference for
> code that does a lot of indexing. if the code uses random numbers,
> then -r can also make a big difference, to use C rand(), instead of
> Python compatible random numbers.
>
> and which C++ compiler flags did you use? the default -O2, or
> something like -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer -msse2..?

I used the default, shedksin cheval.py; make
shedskin 0.2

With -bw and -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer -msse2 i have 5.5s (instead of 8)

Let me know if you find better.

--
William Dodé - http://flibuste.net
Informaticien Indépendant