Mutable Strings - Any libraries that offer this?

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Tue Jul 21 04:36:14 EDT 2009

John Machin <sjmachin at lexicon.net> writes:

> OK, I'll bite: where does the Python 3.x bytearray type

I wasn't previously aware of it, thanks for bringing it to my attention
<URL:http://docs.python.org/3.1/library/stdtypes.html#bytes-methods>.

> fit into your taxonomy? At first glance it appears to be mutable and
> have a fair swag of functionality.

Yes. I'd classify it as a mutable array of bytes :-) but, as such, not
to be used as a text string.

--
 \                “Science doesn't work by vote and it doesn't work by |
  `\        authority.” —Richard Dawkins, _Big Mistake_ (The Guardian, |