If Scheme is so good why MIT drops it?

Frank Buss fb at frank-buss.de
Tue Jul 21 12:44:23 EDT 2009

Rainer Joswig wrote:

> I'm not sure if it is fair to post a reference to a single
> post by someone without context and without having used ECL.
> If there are stability problems, people can report to the
> ECL mailing list. The maintainers are very active.

This was just one example. Another one:

http://www.mail-archive.com/application-builder@lispniks.com/msg01024.html

Luke and Elliott are no beginners, so it is at least difficult to use ECL:
On Windows it doesn't work with MinGW and on MacOS X there was at least one
case were it freezed. But as I have written, I didn't tried it myself, so
this is only some second hand experience. Maybe it is all wrong setups in
combination with Lispbuilder and ECL itself is stable, I don't know.

But I know that it is much easier to get a full featured running Python
system on Windows, MacOS X and Linux, so this is something where Lisp
distributions could be improved.

Frank Buss, fb at frank-buss.de