setuptools question.

Fred C fred at bsdhost.net
Tue Jul 21 14:12:01 EDT 2009

I have a python program and when I install this program from the
module home directory using setup.py everything works fine.

But easy_install fails with the following error, because I am trying
to install some start up shell scripts into /etc/init.d

 > The package setup script has attempted to modify files on your system
 >that are not within the EasyInstall build area, and has been aborted.

Is there a way to use easy_install to install the start scripts into /
etc/init.d. If not, what is the best way to install these scripts.

Thanks

-fred-