Documentation Problems

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Wed Jul 22 19:26:37 EDT 2009

Inky 788 <inky788 at gmail.com> writes:

> Could you please provide brief instructions on exactly how to go about
> creating a suitable patch file? I mean, starting from the beginning
> (as in, "check out code from {here} using {this command}", "cd to
> {this} directory", "edit the file in place", "run {this} command to
> create a patch file"). Or perhaps this procedure is already outlined
> elsewhere?

Yes. The documentation is built from source documents under version
control, like the rest of Python. So the procedure for creating and
submitting patches is the same, and is covered by the Developer's FAQ
<URL:http://www.python.org/dev/faq/>.

--
 \           “If you ever fall off the Sears Tower, just go real limp, |
  `\     because maybe you'll look like a dummy and people will try to |