sqlite3 performance problems only in python

Stef Mientki stef.mientki at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 07:36:54 EDT 2009

hello,

until now I used only small / simple databases in Python with sqlite3.
Now I've a large and rather complex database.

The most simple query (with just a result of 100 rows),
takes about 70 seconds.
And all that time is consumed in "cursor.fetchall"

Using the same database in Delphi,
using the same query,
takes less than 5 seconds (including displaying the full table in a grid).

Are there in Python faster ways to get the query results ?
Would it be faster if I used an ODBC coupling and PyODBC to interface
the database ?

thanks,
Stef Mientki