2.3 missing on OSX

Diez B. Roggisch deets at nospam.web.de
Thu Jul 23 17:01:21 EDT 2009

Laran Evans schrieb:
> I just tried to run MacVim on OSX 10.5. It crashed with this:
>
> Dyld Error Message:
>   Library not loaded: /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/
> Versions/2.3/Python
>   Referenced from: /Users/laran/Downloads/MacVim-7_2-stable-1_2/
> MacVim.app/Contents/MacOS/Vim
>   Reason: image not found
>
> I posted to the MacVim mailing list and was told that that version of
> 2.3 should always be available because it comes with the OS.

On my 10.5 machine, it is under the above given path.

> I don't remember if I removed it for whatever reason at some point or
> something. In any case, I have python installed now via MacPorts. I
> have version 2.3 and 2.5 both installed.
>
> So my question is, is there a way for me to fix the issue by re-
> instating the default 2.3 location or something?

Most probably yes, but not using MacPorts. Those aren't
framework-builds, and not in the proper location anyway.

I suggest you try & get hold of a copy from another OSX-machine (match
teh architecture), and just copy it into the needed location.

Diez