PyQt GUI

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 00:11:12 EDT 2009

On 2009-07-26 07:04, Helvin wrote:

> C:\Qt\VTKbin7\Wrapping\Python>python setup.py install
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>    File "setup.py", line 138, in<module>
>      raise "ERROR: Must specify BUILD_TYPE=<config-name>  on command
> line."
> TypeError: exceptions must be classes or instances, not str
>
> Is it just a small error with input format or something?

Read the source, please:

# The build type ('Release', 'Debug' etc.).  If vtk_has_configuration_types
# is true this must be set.  It may be set on the command line by something
# like 'BUILD_TYPE=Release'.  For example::
#   python setup.py install --prefix=D:\\Python23 BUILD_TYPE=Release

--
Robert Kern

  an underlying truth."
   -- Umberto Eco