Questions about unicodedata in python 2.6.2

Weidong li.weidong at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 12:16:57 EDT 2009

On Jul 28, 10:17 am, Christian Heimes <li... at cheimes.de> wrote:
> unicodedatais usually build as a shared library and not linked into the
> Python core. How did you configure Python? The usual prodecure is:
>
>    ./configure
>    make
>    sudo make install
>
> On Unix the preferred option for ./configure is "--enable-unicode=ucs4".
>
> Christian

Thanks for your response!  I configured it in the same way as you
said, but without "--enable-unicode=ucs4".  The ocnfig.log shows that
checking for UCS-4 was failed.  So I assume that by default UCS-2 was
used.  There was no other problme in the "make" step.

The problem was in the "sudo make install" step, where there were
errors in building libraries / test libraries that need unicodedata.so
which did not exist.

I also tried to use "make -i" to let it complete the building to
ignore that error.  In the end, I still did not see unicodedata.so in
the build result.  It seems that the Makefile did not even try to
build unicodedata.so.

Maybe something went wrong in my configuration?

- Weidong