Help with sql and python

Dave Angel davea at ieee.org
Wed Jul 29 14:19:32 EDT 2009

catalinfest at gmail.com wrote:
> Hello !
>
> I have accont on myphpadmin on my server.
> I want to create one script in python.
> This script manage sql task from my sql server .
> How i make this in a simple way ?
>
> Thank you !

It's seldom simple.

I'm guessing it's not your server, but is actually a webserver, located
remotely, and to which you have only ftp access.

Next questions are do you have access to the admins of the machine, what
kind of machine is it, what OS is it running, does it have Python
installed, what version(s)?

Next questions are dependent on the answers to those questions.  For
example, on Unix systems you'll generally need to be able to chmod the file.

But before you ask your admins those questions, you need to ask how you
*want* to run the script.  Creating it isn't enough, if you don't run
it.  You might be running it over the web, via URL, perhaps using CGI.
You might be activating it via some remote console, or rsh.  Or it might
be a cron job.  It might need various privileges to do what you expect.
And if it's going to run continuously, or if it uses lots of resources,
the admins may refuse it entirely.

DaveA