IDLE Config Problems

Russ Davis Russ.Davis at njpines.state.nj.us
Wed Jul 29 16:55:27 EDT 2009

I am just getting started with Python and have installed v. 2.5.4  Idle version 1.2.4  I can't seem to get the idle to display text.  It seems as if the install went fine.  I start up the idle and the screen is blank.  No text.  It seems as if I can type on the screen but I just can't see the characters.   I go to the config menu and it bombs and brings up the Visual Studio debugger.  The computer that I am trying to install it on is a windows xp laptop serv pack 2.   I have a workstation here that I am using also with the same os and the idle works fine.  Any hints as to what might be interfering with the idle config.

Thanks

Russ

Russell Davis PP, AICP, GISP
GIS Administrator
State of New Jersey Pinelands Commission
Office of Land Use and Technology
GIS Laboratory
Po Box 7
New Lisbon, NJ 08064