gamma approximation : what is module cmath and where is it located ?

pdlemper at earthlink.net pdlemper at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 30 01:25:11 EDT 2009

On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 21:36:31 -0700 (PDT), Carl Banks
<pavlovevidence at gmail.com> wrote:

>On Jul 29, 9:24 pm, pdlem... at earthlink.net wrote:
>> What is cmath, where did it come from and how does it differ from
>> the standard math module  ?
>
>What happened when you did a keyword search for "cmath" in the Python
>library documentation?
>
>What happened when you entered "python cmath" in Google?
>

>Carl Banks

Thanks Carl & Chris.  I've read the Python doc 10.3 and now understand
its for complex arithmetic.
I've used python a few months and expected to find cmath seperately
sort of as a " header file".  A text search failed.  I now understand
its in the Python Standard Library, which I assume is that big file
Python30\LIBS\libpython30.a        And this is not readable as text.
Dave