Does python have the capability for driver development ?

Martin P. Hellwig martin.hellwig at dcuktec.org
Thu Jul 30 09:43:26 EDT 2009

Dave Angel wrote:
<cut definition/interpretation of compiling>
Ah yes, we thread on the territory of word definition and difference in
interpretation. Any argument is doomed to fail if not agreed or at least
taken in perspective of the terminology used by users.

I could be (well it is quite likely) wrong in my interpretation of the
terminology, but here goes it anyway:

Machine Code:
Whatever the machine executes, it could be that the CPU uses an
abstraction of microcode to do this but from the perspective of the
user, this is all done in the same 'black box'

Compiling:
Translate words/symbols/mnemonics to machine code, which than can be
either loaded, linked and executed by an OS or read and executed by the
BIOS.

Interpreted:
Instructions which can be fed to a previous compiled program that is
able to dynamically change its execution and flow without the need to
recompile itself.

--
MPH
http://blog.dcuktec.com