Regexp problem

Peter Brett peter at peter-b.co.uk
Thu Jul 30 10:17:52 EDT 2009

Marcus Wanner <marcusw at cox.net> writes:

> On 7/30/2009 9:32 AM, Beldar wrote:
>>> \w+ will match a word and enclosing it in (...) will capture what was
>>> matched:
>>>
>>>      m = re.search(r"(\w+)-is-listening", text)
>>>      print "Captured '%s'" % m.group(1)
>>>      print "Matched from %d to %d" % (m.start(), m.end())
>>
>> Ok, thank you all, it was very helpful!
> Wow, I really need to learn more about regexp...
> Any tutorials you guys can recommend?

I have to confess that after fiddling with regexps for quite a while
with no great success, I learnt the hard (and best) way, i.e. using
them to write something vile and horrible. [*] I commend this path to
you also. ;-)

Cheers,

                              Peter

[*] http://git.gpleda.org/?p=gaf.git;a=blob;f=libgeda/desktop-i18n;h=6fab9b85b