Confessions of a Python fanboy

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Thu Jul 30 20:38:15 EDT 2009

r wrote:
> On Jul 30, 3:55 pm, Terry Reedy <tjre... at udel.edu> wrote:
>> superpollo wrote:
>>> r wrote:
>>> how to reverse a string in python? must i usa a temp? like:
> [snip]
>> Terry Jan Reedy
>
> No "r" never wrote anything like that. reversing a string is RTFM
> material, this is basic stuff here! Stop quoting me as saying things i
> did not say! I never asked how to reverse a string, "superpollo"
> did.

Nor did what I posted say that you did. The above says that superpollo
wrote "how to reverse..., as he did. Quotes are indented once more than
the author. The above says 'r wrote' with no indent and then "No...",
which you did write, indented once.

I agree that since I did not quote anything that you wrote, I should
also have snipped your name. But I least I do attempt to snip material
irrelavant to my comments.

Terry Jan Reedy