Run pyc file without specifying python path ?

Processor-Dev1l processor.dev1l at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 09:21:14 EDT 2009

On Jul 30, 4:47 pm, "Barak, Ron" <Ron.Ba... at lsi.com> wrote:
> [...]

how can a compiled python file (pyc) can defend your code against
clever-user? Try command cat "yourcode.pyc" and you will is how
"hardly" it can be read or modified :).
The most easy way how to distribute such file is with some shell batch
containing
#!/usr/bin/sh
python ./lib/myscript.pyc

the topology of the app would be a shell script called simply run, or
name of your app and something like that and a folder called lib where
your pyc file is stored, just make the script executable (chmod a+x
shellfile or chmod 755 shellfile) and force ppl to use it instead of
the pyc file in the lib folder :)