Regexp problem

Ethan Furman ethan at stoneleaf.us
Fri Jul 31 11:15:14 EDT 2009

MRAB wrote:
> Ethan Furman wrote:
>
>> Marcus Wanner wrote:
>>> Wow, I really need to learn more about regexp...
>>> Any tutorials you guys can recommend?
>>>
>>> Marcus
>>

>> Mastering Regular Expressions
>> Powerful Techniques for Perl and Other Tools
>> By Jeffrey E. F. Friedl
>>
>> Great book!
>>
> +1
>
> I have the first edition, seventh printing (December 1998). It refers to
> the 'regex' module of Python 1.4b1, which was subsequently replaced by
> the current 're' module and then removed from the standard library. I
> hope it's been updated since then. :-)

I have the second edition (no idea which printing ;), and according to
his preface it has indeed been much updated.  Most examples are in perl,
the few in python are decent.  The knowledge embodied seems very
thorough.  Since I've had the book (two weeks now?)  I've been able to
solve two otherwise thorny issues using regular expressions.  Yay!

~Ethan~