Direct interaction with subprocess - the curse of blocking I/O

Wed Jul 1 04:33:45 EDT 2009

In message <b1d86eff-
c1a6-45b7-9784-9137f5e1c2a2 at f33g2000vbm.googlegroups.com>, ryles wrote:

> On Jun 29, 5:43 pm, Scott David Daniels <Scott.Dani... at Acm.Org> wrote:
>
>>and I personally wouldn't have it any other way.  Simulating a shell
>> with hooks on its I/O should be so complicated that a "script kiddie"
>> has trouble writing a Trojan.
>
> +1 QOTW

Trouble is, script kiddies, by definition, don't need to write anything.
They just need to download something somebody else has already written.

--
Lawrence "I counter your +1 with my -1" D'Oliveiro