Hello

Dave Angel davea at ieee.org
Thu Jul 9 10:04:23 EDT 2009

You could pick a much better title.  And apparently you started a new
thread with this one.  When responding to an existing message, you ought
to reply-all to the existing message, rather than starting a new thread.

Tanmoy wrote:
>> Hello ,
>>          When i==0 you append an empty list to arr, so arr[i] is arr[0]. No
>> problem.
>>
>> When i==10 you append another empty list to arr, so arr[i] is arr[10].
>> Index error because there's no arr[10], only arr[0] and arr[1].
>>
>> Thanks for your prompt reply...
>>
>> How can i pass this problem
>>
>>  You could try appending to arr[-1] instead.
>>

> Better still:

>    row = []
>    for j in range(0,1001,1):
>          row.append(i+j)
>    arr.append(row)
> I tried both the ways... the only thing is its not coming like 0 10
> 20.......1000 . Its coming like 0,1,2,........1000.....Any answer to the
> problem.
> Thanks
> Tanmoy Mukherjee

If you want the row to count by 10's you have to build it that way.  You
have the arguments to the ranges backwards.  Try:

arr=[]
for i in range(1001):
   row = []
   for j in range(0,1010,10):
         row.append(i+j)
   arr.append(row)

Coincidentally, once you reverse them, the original problem would go
away.  But this is better anyway, as it makes it clear what's
happening.  You are building 1001 rows, each containing non-contiguous
numbers.

DaveA