What text editor is everyone using for Python

Albert van der Horst albert at spenarnc.xs4all.nl
Mon Jun 1 19:46:19 CEST 2009

In article <roy-97FE62.19585126052009 at news.panix.com>,
Roy Smith  <roy at panix.com> wrote:
>In article <mailman.764.1243352981.8015.python-list at python.org>,
> Bar Shirtcliff <barshirtcliff at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I can't say a thing about other editors, except that when some shell
>> script perversely dumped me into vi a month ago, I felt as horrified
>> as if some actually living bugs had crawled out of my own reflection
>> on the computer screen and fallen, clicking and scraping, onto the
>> keyboard.  That's a personal reaction - totally irrelevant, of course.
><esc> : q ! <return>

Make that
<DEL><DEL><DEL> <esc> : q ! <return>

>All the vi you ever need to know :-)

Now some kind soul give a similar sequence for emacs.

>The real problem is when you get dumped into some editor other than you one
>you expected and don't realize it for a while.  It's really amazing how
>much damage you can do to a file by typing (for example) emacs commands at
>vi.  Especially if you accidentally stumble upon the sequence for "save

An indication of how one can see one is in emacs is also appreciated.
[Especially insidious is helpful help that lands you in emacs-ing
help file for powerful searching (not!).]

Groetjes Albert

albert at spe&ar&c.xs4all.nl &=n http://home.hccnet.nl/a.w.m.van.der.horst