What text editor is everyone using for Python

Mon Jun 1 19:57:38 EDT 2009

On Tue, 02 Jun 2009 10:54:48 +1200, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

> In message <kkkmp7.jzg at spenarnc.xs4all.nl>, Albert van der Horst wrote:
>
>> An indication of how one can see one is in emacs is also appreciated.
>
> How about, hit CTRL/G and see if the word "Quit" appears somewhere.

Ah, one has to love user interfaces designed with mnemonic keyboard
commands so as to minimize the burden of rote learning on the user.
Presumably it is G for "Get me the frack outta here!".

Having noted that the word "Quit" does appear, how do you then *actually*
Quit? Apart from taunting the user, what is it that Ctrl-G is actually
doing when it displays the word "Quit" in what seems to be some sort of
status bar?

--
Steven