What text editor is everyone using for Python

Christopher nadiasvertex at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 08:20:11 EDT 2009

On May 25, 1:35 pm, LittleGrasshopper <seattleha... at yahoo.com> wrote:
> With so many choices, I was wondering what editor is the one you
> prefer when coding Python, and why. I normally use vi, and just got
> into Python, so I am looking for suitable syntax files for it, and
> extra utilities. I dabbled with emacs at some point, but couldn't get
> through the key bindings for commands. I've never tried emacs with vi
> keybindings (I forgot the name of it) but I've been tempted.
>
> So what do you guys use, and why? Hopefully we can keep this civil.

I use Eclipse with PyDev for serious projects.  However, when that is
too heavy or not available I use:

1) nano over ssh with syntax highlighting for python turned on
2) notepad++ on standalone Windows systems where I need to do quick
edits or fixes.

I used to use Crimson Editor, but it is not being developed anymore,
and notepad++ does everything crimson used to do and more.

-={C}=-