Creating a Google Code project for GSoC

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 13:42:47 EDT 2009

On 2009-06-01 18:54, Eric Pruitt wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I am a student working on GSoC 2009 for PSF. My proposal involves making
> changes to the subprocess module and subprocess.Popen. I wish to create
> a Google Code project to host my changes so that I can receive feedback
> from the community. Some of the code I have incorporated falls under an
> MIT license. Python's license is not GPL but is GPL compatible. What
> license should the Google Code project fall under? MIT, GPL or something
> else?

You should talk to your mentor and the PSF GSoC coordinator, but generally code
intended for inclusion in Python itself needs to be licensed under the Apache
License v2.0 or the Academic Free License v2.1:

   http://www.python.org/psf/contrib/

You will also need to sign a contributor agreement. But talk to your mentor.

--
Robert Kern

  an underlying truth."
   -- Umberto Eco