why does my python's program die after change computer system time?

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-py2 at yahoo.com.ar
Wed Jun 3 06:18:54 EDT 2009

En Wed, 03 Jun 2009 04:08:03 -0300, fuzziy <zhiyongfore at gmail.com>
escribió:

> [why does my python's program die after change computer system time?]

> def tick():
>     ...show current time...
>     clock_label.after(200, tick)

What do you mean by "die"?
Did you set the system time to an earlier value? Suppose now it is
09:15:00.000; your program says after(200, tick), that means that at
09:15:00.200 the tick() function will be called. If you
set the time back to 09:00:00 your program has 15 minutes still to wait.
It hasn't died, it's just waiting for the right time to arrive.

I'm not sure if this can be considered a bug, or not, or who's responsible
(tcl? tk? tkinter? python?...)

--
Gabriel Genellina