How do I change the behavior of the 'python-docs' action in IDLE?

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Wed Jun 3 11:58:45 EDT 2009

In article <16b92b10-95cf-49ed-868c-8f66c8160e31 at r3g2000vbp.googlegroups.com>,
samwyse  <samwyse at gmail.com> wrote:

>I just installed Python 3.0.1 via the Windows 32-bit installer.
>Opening "Python Docs" takes me to http://docs.python.org/dev/3.0/,
>which doesn't exist.  Renaming python301.chm to python30.chm or
>python300.chm doesn't seem to help find that file.  HELP!

IIRC, there's a bug report on this and it's fixed for 3.1 -- please be
patient (you can look at bugs.python.org if you want to check the
status).

"Given that C++ has pointers and typecasts, it's really hard to have a
serious conversation about type safety with a C++ programmer and keep a
straight face.  It's kind of like having a guy who juggles chainsaws
wearing body armor arguing with a guy who juggles rubber chickens wearing
a T-shirt about who's in more danger."  --Roy Smith, c.l.py, 2004.05.23