import sqlite3

Andrew McNamara andrewm at object-craft.com.au
Thu Jun 4 02:33:23 EDT 2009

On 04/06/2009, at 4:14 PM, willgun wrote:

>> What did you call the .py file? sqlite3.py? If so, you've just
>> imported your own module again. 8-)
>> After the import, try "print sqlite3.__file__", which will tell you
>> where the module came from.

> Thank you all the same.
> I'm a student from China.It's painful for us to read python
> documentation entirely due to poor english.So I often make these
> mistakes.

Don't worry - even experienced Python coders get caught by this one.
Just remember the "print module.__file__" trick for next time
something odd happens.

When you import a module in python, it is only imported the first time
you request it (which is why your import did not become recursive and
raise an error).