Using C++ and ctypes together: a vast conspiracy? ;)

Brian Brian.Mingus at colorado.edu
Thu Jun 4 17:27:11 EDT 2009

Just to expound a bit on pygccxml, which really makes boost worth it.
pygccxml enables you to do all of your binding work from within Python. It
calls gccxml, which is an xml backend to gcc that outputs the parse tree in
an xml format. Pygccxml provides a very high level interface between the gcc
xml representation and the pygccxml boost code generator. It's really a
great thing. You just have to learn to read the code that pygccxml outputs
for boost, and then go back to python and use the high level interface to
modify the code that it outputs. It has all sorts of selectors so you can
operate on all code that has certain arbitrary properties all at the same
time.

Play with it before deciding on swig. It's frikkin' cool :)