Odd closure issue for generators

Brian Quinlan brian at sweetapp.com
Thu Jun 4 23:25:47 EDT 2009

Scott David Daniels wrote:
[snipped]
> When you evaluate a lambda expression, the default args are evaluated,
> but the expression inside the lambda body is not.  When you apply that
> evaluated lambda expression, the expression inside the lambda body is
> is evaluated and returned.

But that's not really the issue. I knew that the lambda was not
evaluated but thought each generator expression got its own context
rather than sharing one.

Taken in isolation, having one context per expression has more
compelling semantics but it is inconsistent with the obvious
transliteration of the generator into a loop.

Cheers,
Brian