numpy 00 character bug?

Aahz aahz at
Fri Jun 5 18:37:09 CEST 2009

In article <h0bg8j$qu6$1 at>,
Nathaniel Rook  <nrook at> wrote:
>I've recently encountered a bug in NumPy's string arrays, where the 00
>ASCII character ('\x00') is not stored properly when put at the end of a

You should ask about this on the NumPy mailing lists and/or report it on
the NumPy tracker:
Aahz (aahz at           <*>

"Given that C++ has pointers and typecasts, it's really hard to have a
serious conversation about type safety with a C++ programmer and keep a
straight face.  It's kind of like having a guy who juggles chainsaws
wearing body armor arguing with a guy who juggles rubber chickens wearing
a T-shirt about who's in more danger."  --Roy Smith,, 2004.05.23