MD6 in Python

Aahz aahz at
Sat Jun 6 02:01:31 CEST 2009

In article <mailman.1218.1244245607.8015.python-list at>,
Christian Heimes  <lists at> wrote:
>Terry Reedy schrieb:
>> Christian Heimes wrote:
>>> Somebody has to write and add a md6 wrapper to the standard library.
>>> It's going to take some time, at least 18 months until Python 2.8 and
>> 2.7 is next
>2.7rc1 is already out. There is no way a new piece of code will land in
>the 2.7 release.

Um, what?  You mean 3.1rc1, right?  Nevertheless, my understanding is
that 2.7 is mostly restricted to code landed in 3.1, so your second
statement is roughly correct.
Aahz (aahz at           <*>

"Given that C++ has pointers and typecasts, it's really hard to have a
serious conversation about type safety with a C++ programmer and keep a
straight face.  It's kind of like having a guy who juggles chainsaws
wearing body armor arguing with a guy who juggles rubber chickens wearing
a T-shirt about who's in more danger."  --Roy Smith,, 2004.05.23