pylint naming conventions?

Esmail ebonak at
Sun Jun 7 15:23:01 CEST 2009

Ben Finney wrote:
> Esmail <ebonak at> writes:
>> I am confused by pylint's naming conventions, I don't think the are in
>> tune with Python's style recommendations (PEP 8?)
>> Anyone else think this?
> It's hard to know, without examples. Can you give some output of pylint
> that you think doesn't agree with PEP 8?

Sure, I will next time I have a nice self-contained example. Perhaps not that
many people are using pylint? I was expecting a bunch of messages either
contradicting my observation or agreeing with it :-) .. but perhaps this
indicates that there's no issue.

I'll try to come up with a nice short code example in the next few days
to demonstrate what I think the problem is and post it, thanks for the