pyc-files contains absolute paths, is this a bug ?

Sun Jun 7 12:58:44 EDT 2009

On Sun, 07 Jun 2009 18:16:26 +0200, Stef Mientki wrote:

> hello,
>
> AFAIK I read that pyc files can be transferred to other systems. I
> finally got a windows executable working through py2exe, but still have
> some troubles, moving the directory around.

Sounds like a py2exe problem, not a Python problem. Perhaps you should
ask them?

> I use Python 2.5.2.
> I use py2exe to make a distro
> I can unpack the distro, on a clean computer, anywhere where I like, and
> it runs fine.
>
> Now when I've run it once,
> I move the subdirectory to another location, at it doesn't run.

Define "doesn't run".

You mean the exe file doesn't launch at all? Does Windows display an
error message?

Or perhaps it launches, then immediately exists? Launches, then crashes?
Does it show up in the process list at all? Or something else?

--
Steven