problems while using pexpect: pexcept.TIMEOUT always

R. David Murray rdmurray at
Mon Jun 8 19:19:30 CEST 2009

Phoe6 <orsenthil at> wrote:
> I have been trying to use pexpect and I am failing with
> pexpect.TIMEOUT for all my attempts. In order to troubleshoot, I
> decided to go with simplest possible one.
> Can someone help me what I am doing wrong here?
> Why is not working for such a simple thing as ssh to my localhost.?

I would suggest using the 'setlog' method of child to get
more debugging information from pexpect.  I've found that the
best way to diagnose the source of a timeout.

R. David Murray
    IT Consulting    System Administration    Python Programming