Fwd: Extract value and average

Francesco Pietra francesco.pietra at accademialucchese.it
Tue Jun 9 02:38:44 EDT 2009

Sorry, I missed the last part of the message

This makes a more generic parser (comment/uncomment the corresponding
"# 1" or "# 2" code based on whether a new block is found by a first
line containing "NSTEP" or a last line containing "EWALD").  This >
yields a dictionary for each item in the input file.  You can pull out
whichever value(s) you want to manipulate.

I recognize now that I did not define "block"  correctly. The EWALD
line, although separated by a blank line, makes part of the block. The
layout of all other blocks in the output file is the same.

francesco