Using logging module to log into flash drive

kretel Krzysztof.Retel at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 9 11:57:00 EDT 2009

Hi All,

I am trying to implement the following functionality:
1. log messages to the flash drive
2. if the flash drive is not available, switch handler to the
BufferringHandler and log into buffer,
3. once the flash drive is plugged in and available store the logs
from BufferHandler into that flash drive and switch the handler into
RotateFileHandler.

Which approach would you suggest to use while implementing this
functionality? One that come into my mind is to have one process or
thread to check periodically if the flashdrive is available, and have
a flag that will indicate that we can store the logs into the flash
drive. But I don't particularly like this approach.
Would you do it different way?
Any suggestions are appreciated.

Cheers,
Krzysztof