Career Track: Computer Programmer

Jorgen Grahn grahn+nntp at snipabacken.se
Wed Jun 10 12:16:46 EDT 2009

On Mon, 8 Jun 2009 07:49:42 -0700 (PDT), youssef_edward3000 at yahoo.com <youssef_edward3000 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Roles and Responsibilities :
>
> The primary role of a Computer Programmer is to write programs
> according to the instructions determined primarily by computer
> software engineers and systems analysts.

I hope this is a direct quote from a 1976 issue of some sleazy
business magazine, not something anyone believes in today. Except for
the systems analysts, maybe.

> In a nutshell, Computer
> Programmers are the ones that take the completed designs and convert
> them into the instructions that the computer can actually follow.

That's not a programmer, that's a compiler. Or (to at least *pretend*
to be on topic) that's the Python interpreter.

/Jorgen

--
  // Jorgen Grahn <grahn@        Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu
\X/     snipabacken.se>          R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!