ANN: eGenix pyOpenSSL Distribution 0.9.0-0.9.8k

eGenix Team: M.-A. Lemburg info at
Thu Jun 11 11:11:05 CEST 2009

          pyOpenSSL Distribution

                          Version 0.9.0-0.9.8k

             An easy to install and use repackaged distribution
               of the pyOpenSSL Python interface for OpenSSL -
              available on Windows, Mac OS X and Unix platforms

This announcement is also available on our web-site for online reading:

The pyOpenSSL Distribution includes everything you need to
get started with SSL in Python. It comes with an easy to use installer
that includes the most recent OpenSSL library versions in pre-compiled

pyOpenSSL is an open-source Python add-on (
that allows writing SSL aware networking applications as well as
certificate management tools.

OpenSSL is an open-source implementation of the SSL protocol

For more information, please see the product page:

This new release of the pyOpenSSL Distribution updates the
included pyOpenSSL version to 0.9, which includes a new fix for a
serious problem in pyOpenSSL 0.8 related to threaded applications. It
also comes with an important bug-fix update of OpenSSL, now at version

The problem causes invalid thread states in the Python interpreter
which then result in random core dumps and seg faults when using
pyOpenSSL 0.8.0 with multi-threaded applications.

The new fix is slightly different than the one we included in 0.8.1
and based on a code analysis we did together with Jean-Paul Calderone
to track down the cause of the problem.

Binaries are available for Linux x86 and x64 as well as Windows x86
and Mac OS X PPC/Intel. They include both pyOpenSSL and the necessary
OpenSSL libraries.

For Plone users and friends of buildout scripts, we have added
pre-built binaries for Windows. They install just like the Linux
versions and allow easy integration of the archives into buildout

For our Mac OS X users, we have included new pre-built binaries for
Mac OS X PPC and Intel platforms.

The download archives and instructions for installing the package can
be found at:

Before installing this version of pyOpenSSL, please make sure that
you uninstall any previously installed pyOpenSSL version. Otherwise,
you could end up not using the included OpenSSL libs.

Commercial support for these packages is available from
Please see

for details about our support offerings.

Marc-Andre Lemburg

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Jun 11 2009)
>>> Python/Zope Consulting and Support ...
>>> mxODBC.Zope.Database.Adapter ...
>>> mxODBC, mxDateTime, mxTextTools ...
2009-06-29: EuroPython 2009, Birmingham, UK                17 days to go

::: Try our new mxODBC.Connect Python Database Interface for free ! :::: Software, Skills and Services GmbH  Pastor-Loeh-Str.48