OT: Periodic table gets a new element

Michiel Overtoom motoom at xs4all.nl
Thu Jun 11 15:46:03 CEST 2009

MRAB wrote:

> Element 112 is to be named. Do you think we could persuade the
> scientists to name it "Pythonium"? :-)

What did Python do to deserve this?  I think 'Hofmannium' is a more
appropriate name ;-)

On the other hand, if the scientists used Python on their equipment with
which they discovered the new element, the name 'Pythonium' is of course
totally acceptable.

"The ability of the OSS process to collect and harness
the collective IQ of thousands of individuals across
the Internet is simply amazing." - Vinod Valloppillil