matplotlib installation

Alan G Isaac alan.isaac at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 07:33:36 EDT 2009

On 6/12/2009 5:55 AM Virgil Stokes apparently wrote:
> Any suggestions on installing matplotlib for Python 2.6.2 on a Windows
> Vista platform?

Maintainers for some packages have run into a wall
compiling for 2.6.  Matplotlib is one of these:
http://www.nabble.com/binary-installers-for-python2.6--libpng-segfault%2C-MSVCR90.DLL-and-%09mingw-td23971661.html

Another package I care about is SimpleParse, which also
found compiling for 2.6 to be impossible.  I do not know
if this was the same problem or not, but it means that
SimpleParse is *still* not available as an installer for 2.6.

I assume this is of great concern to the Python community,
but I do not know where the discussion is taking place.

Alan Isaac