Input problem

Bearophile bearophileHUGS at
Tue Jun 16 12:16:15 CEST 2009

> I am new to python....and using python 2.6
> I want to know when to use raw_input( ) and when to use input( )???

I think it's better to always use raw_input(), and then convert the
string to the data to work on.

Once in a while you may want to use input() to input expressions (like
formulas) in your program in a quick, simple and unsafe way...

In Python3+ they have removed input() and they have renamed raw_input
() as input(). You can have the functionality of 2.x input() with eval
(input()). (I think Python3 developers have taken the right choices