persistent composites

Rhodri James rhodri at
Thu Jun 18 00:53:28 CEST 2009

On Wed, 17 Jun 2009 16:06:22 +0100, Aaron Brady <castironpi at>

> On Jun 16, 10:09 am, Mike Kazantsev <mk.frag... at> wrote:
>> On Tue, 16 Jun 2009 06:57:13 -0700 (PDT)
>> Aaron Brady <castiro... at> wrote:
>> > Making the charitable interpretation that this was the extent of c-l-
>> > py's support and enthusiasm for my idea, I will now go into mourning.
>> > Death occurred at oh-eight-hundred.  Rest in peace, support &
>> > enthusiasm.
>> I've read this thread from the beginning, being tempted to insert
>> remarks about shelve module or ORMs like SQLAlchemy, but that'd be
>> meaningless without the problem description, which I haven't seen
>> anywhere. Is it some trick idea like "let's walk on our heads"?
> More like bronze them, or hang them on a tackboard.  You haven't
> convinced me that it's not a problem, or that it's an easy one.

Unfortunately it's up to you to demonstrate that it is a problem,
whichever of the many possible 'it's you're talking about.  So far,
the question "Why would I want to use this?  What's the use case?"
has gone unanswered, and I'm sure I'm not the only baffled by it.