AT&T Usenet Netnews Service Shutting Down

Jive Dadson notontheweb at noisp.com
Thu Jun 18 19:39:59 EDT 2009

newsmaster at bellsouth.net wrote:
> Please note that on or around July 15, 2009, AT&T will no longer be
> offering access to the Usenet Netnews service.  If you wish to continue
> reading Usenet newsgroups, access is available through third-party vendors.
>
> http://support.att.net/usenet

Ah ha.  I think I may have figured out how to work around it.  I need to
use my EasyNews server to post the message, (with "SSL"), rather than
the  ATT server.  I think.  Maybe.  Does anyone know if it's possible to
have Thunderbird use different outgoing servers for different accounts?

I know this is not a Python question.  Please forgive me.  The main
reason I'm sending these messages is just to see if they go through.