Once again, comparison wxpython with PyQt

Jeremy Sanders jeremy+complangpython at jeremysanders.net
Fri Jun 19 05:00:16 EDT 2009

Hans Müller wrote:

> Thanks for all your informative replies.
>
> If I understand you right, for a commercial, closed source program I
> only need a commercial PyQt license for ~ 500€ ?

Why not ask the guys at riverbankcomputing?
 http://www.riverbankcomputing.co.uk/commercial/pyqt

This page
 http://www.riverbankcomputing.co.uk/software/pyqt/license

Says "The commercial version of PyQt can be used with both the commercial
and LGPL versions of Qt."

> As far as I know I also need a Qt Licenses which is ~3500€ per OS.

Not true, now Qt is licensed under the LGPL.

You have to abide by the LGPL, however, which means that the user has to be
able to relink a modified form of the library, Qt, with your application
should they wish. You should check whether the LGPL is appropriate for the
way you want to ship your program.

Jeremy

--
Jeremy Sanders