persistent composites

Aaron Brady castironpi at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 10:56:04 EDT 2009

On Jun 19, 7:45 am, a... at pythoncraft.com (Aahz) wrote:
> In article <be292347-1011-4bb6-b8e9-a5d738827... at u10g2000vbd.googlegroups.com>,
> Aaron Brady  <castiro... at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> >You are not being any help, Rhodri, in your question.
>
> Maybe not, but honestly, you're getting pretty close to going back in my
> killfile.  Although you're no longer trolling this group, I find your
> writing difficult to read at best; answering questions from people like
> Rhodri is about your only chance to reach people like me.  Even without
> the killfile, I'm skipping about 60-80% of your posts.  It's a free
> Usenet, of course, so you're under no obligation to pay any attention to
> me, but I think you ought to consider the merits of changing your
> opinion of Rhodri's questions.
>
> Side note: the rhetorical trick of inserting a person's name in a
> statement is often intended and received as a mildly patronizing insult.
> It's not at all clear to me whether that was your intent; if not, you
> might want to change your writing style a bit.
> --
> Aahz (a... at pythoncraft.com)           <*>        http://www.pythoncraft.com/
>
> "as long as we like the same operating system, things are cool." --piranha

> Side note: the rhetorical trick of inserting a person's name in a

This is a welcome digression for me.  I wasn't sure that my idea was
being taken seriously.  On a temperature scale from freezing to
boiling, I took Rhodri's message to be somewhere in the single
digits-- quite chilly.  Maybe if it hadn't made me feel so defensive,
I could've just said so.  But, judging from his reply, he got the
message.  </killfile bait>

> I find your
> writing difficult to read at best;
> I'm skipping about 60-80% of your posts.

My loss.